Follow Ninja Pizza for
the best reading experience!


                    

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Michael Dooney Lunchbox




If I tried to tell you that I didn't collect lunch boxes it would only take one quick walkthrough of my apartment to call me a liar. Scattered around you'll find not only the occasional TMNT lunch box, but also Star Wars and Hello Kitty. But really, I'm not a lunch box collector.

I am, however, a collector of "neat stuff," and over the years I have acquired a pile of lunch boxes that I've determined to fall into this category. All of the TMNT lunch boxes I've made a point of getting have one thing in common: Fantastic art. And, to my knowledge, art that is completely unique to them.

Pictured above is a recent eBay acquisition; a lunch box featuring art by Michael Dooney. I also love this one because the lunch box style is so unique and not your standard box design. The other TMNT lunch boxes I have that I'm incredibly fond of feature art by Chris Allen and A.C. Farley. Perhaps I'll feature those in the future.

3 comments:

  1. Love the boxart! It would be nice to see your other lunchboxes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is an old post, but i've been looking for an image of this old lunchbox. I actually had this in 93/94 because even at age 12, I still enjoyed the Turtles. Do you happen to have the thermos too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think so, but it's hidden away in storage at the moment. I think it was the same thermos the common lunch boxes had. But if I come across it I'll take a look/see.

    ReplyDelete